Saturday, August 04, 2007

Living with the name Ja(i)son...

The other day 'someone' asked , "Hey, What's ur name 'Jaison' (pronounced 'Jayson') all about? ".

I smiled back with divine grace written all over me and gave an answer that made that 'someone' satisfied but equally unimpressed. And the word 'unimpressed' fitted very well to the way 'someone' reacted. The 'someone' heard my answer, did not even care to give a smile, and moved on to other questions, that were obviously of less importance to me.

I thought, "What's this? Even a augur with a strange name would have attracted more attention, after interpreting its meaning." And this thought troubled me, and infact it grew within me, and compelled me to google and come up with a better meaning.

I wonder how we are so addicted withGoogle. You come across any strange thing or term, and if your dumb brain does not respond to it, there is always an answer popping from the parasitic cavity. And that is, 'Google it!!!'.

So, my very humble parasitic brain compelled my emotional heart to get some valuable meaning associated with my 6-letter name. Very heartily, I opened the page 'Google', and typed in 'Jaison Meaning', and sat back expecting something interesting from the ever dependable cyber refuge. Hmmm... at least there were some results, and some results pointing to the meaning of the 6-letter word 'Jaison'. I was happy.

But the happiness didn't last. Here is what I got from the first search result.


The boy's name Jaison ja(i)-son\ is a variant of Jason.


What a hell? 'Jaison' is a variant of 'Jason'. Excuse me!!!!, I thought. I was never a variant, and never I would be. I excused Google and moved on to the other search results hoping better things. Let me publish that too.


Variant of Jason: A healing.


Now, Google was very shrewdly bowling Googley to me with every result that it came up with. The name "Jason" started to haunt me. And to make you all aware, I am very much acquainted with the name "Jason". I also knew the historical relevance of the name. But, I also expected some kind of history associated with the humble name of mine. But I failed. Got to say, "I failed miserably".

Now let me throw some light on the name 'Jason'. Here is a small information, that I could find online.


Jason comes from the Greek name 'Iason', borne by mythological hero and leader of the Argonauts, who sailed to Colchis to discover the golden fleece. Jason of the Argonauts fell in love with sorceress Medea during this adventure, but was later killed by a falling timber beam from his ship the Argo. The name comes from the Greek word 'iasthai', 'to heal'.

So, quite a personality is this 'Jason', and I feel very unworthily proud about the fact that I am his variant. Though, not by character, but still by name.

Now, let me put it like this. 'Ja(i)son' is the Indianized version of 'Jason', as 'Krrish' was the Indian version of 'Superman'. And that bracketed 'I' very much stands for an Indian.


Me proud to be an Indian.


Jai Hind!! ---- Jai Masih!!

-- Ja(i)son

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice :)

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home