Monday, August 13, 2007

00000 to 10000... and still going strong...

On Saturday, the 10th day of the 8th month in the 2007th year A.D, it touched 10000 kms. I gave off a sigh!!! Flashbacks from the past, filled my thoughts.



The 10000 km long odyssey on my bike was really very enjoyable!!

The induction of this bike into my life added joys and at the same time snatched utter pleasure from my simple and plain life. If you think that the above statement is a paradoxical one, then I would suggest you to just continue reading this post. You will eventually discover the truth!

It was on November 10, 2006, when I first placed hands on my Black Apache 150cc. Well, that was a kind of milestone for me, as it was my first ever bike. I was very much sceptical, before I made my mind to go with Apache. I pinged my friends and relatives, and everyone blabbed out the word "Pulsar". But, Pulsar never moved the strings in my heart. I was looking for something different. I wanted a new look and the moment I viewed Apache, I knew this was the bike that I was looking for. And, then after a healthy consultation with my brother, I got hold of my "Black Beauty". And now, after 10 long months, I am happy about the decision that made Apache a part of my life.

Before getting my bike, Pune-Lonavla local train used to be my lifeline, but now things have drasticallly changed. The Local train's first-class seasonal pass lies unnoticed in my purse. Every day it stares at me with despair, as if urging me to renew and give it a fresh lease of life. But I never heed its concern and it still lies betrayed by a callous person, who once always carried it responsibly without fail. My mode of transport has now completely transitioned from train to bike. Truly speaking, I really miss those days, when I used to travel in the local train to Pune. My cherishable and unforgettable experiences while travelling in the local train deserves another post. Those days were good, but now with the advent of bike, I seldom cherish my daily travel. High pollution and rash traffic are the unfriendly factors that make my bike ride very awkward.

But, I will still never part with my bike, because now its a dependable companion in my life. Its been a good chum for me for the past 10 months. The 10000 kms journey is quite a testimonial for its ever-dependable nature. I have troubled her a lot but she has been loyal to me. She has accepted all my tortures. I have made her jump into muddy waters, skid into filthy roads and pushed her into big pot-holes. But still, it is always there as a good buddy.

This post is very gracefully dedicated to my black beauty!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home